Saturday, February 11, 2012

New Craft Room

As mentioned in my last post, my hubby and I have done some work in my craft room.   It isn't a very big room, but it gives me some space to make a mess and leave it without cleaning it up.  When we finished the basement in 2006 we had this space designed for the purpose of a craft room, so I picked a nice warm peach color (one of my favorite shades) for the walls.  I had always envisioned white cabinets, but more in the style of kitchen cabinets with a wrap around work station and lots of drawers for storage.  As time went on, I changed my dream and decided I just wanted the room finished with some storage and a nice work area in front of the window.  My storage cabinets went on sale at Menards and I knew these would work very nicely!  We decided to use the white bookshelves (from my former classroom) as the base for a work station and bought a 6 foot white laminate board (over an inch thick) for the top.  Now all I need are a few odds and ends for storage on the walls.  I love my new room! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Crazy for Cupcakes

Crazy for Cupcakes
Check out this cute birthday card I made for one of my dearest friends using the stamp set Crazy for Cupcakes. I used Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, and Very Vanilla inks and cardstock, Tea Party DSP (retired), as well some Dazzling Diamonds, a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and co-ordinating ribbon and brads. The punches used were the Scallop Border punch, 1 3/4 " Scallop Circle, 3/4 ", and 1" circle punches. I made a second card using Almost Amethyst, Cameo Coral, and Whisper White inks and cardstock, with coordinating brads and ribbon. This is one of my favorite sets to use for birthdays.